jueves, 1 de marzo de 2012

Last Minute Hugo Recommendations

Yes, yes, I know. Only 11 days left to nominate for the Hugo Awards. But I want to recommend some works for your consideration, just in case. Below, you'll find (some of) the works and persons that I will write on my ballot. I'm not done reading yet so I may add more nominations, but these are the ones I will be including for sure.

Just a few comments about my list. I'd especially like to see The Map of Time by Félix J. Palma on the final ballot. On the one hand, it is a wonderful novel. On the other, Félix is from Spain (do I need to add anything else?). You can read my reviews of Raising Stony Mayhall and Embassytown to learn why I liked them so much. Finally, notice that I've include three stories by Ken Liu. His production in 2011 was just amazing. You can read my interview with him here.  

Without further ado, this is my list. I provide links to online versions of the works when available. Read, enjoy and nominate!  


Best Novel:
  • Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
  • Raising Stony Mayhall by Daryl Gregory
  • Embassytown by China Miéville
  • The Map of Time by Félix J. Palma
Best Novella:
Best Novelette:
Best Short Story
  • "Perfect Lies" by Gwendolyn Clare (Clarkesworld March 2011)
  • "Staying Behind" by Ken Liu (Clarkesworld October 2011)
  • "Tying Knots" by Ken Liu (Clarkesworld January 2011)
  • "The Server and The Dragon" by Hannu Rajainemi (Engineering Infinity)
Best Related Work
 Best Graphic Story
  • Freakangels by Warren Ellis and Paul Duffield
  • Locke & Key, Vol. 4: Keys to the Kingdom by Joe Hill and Gabriel Rodriguez 
  • Echo by Terry Moore
  • Morning Glories, Vol. 1: For a Better Future by Nick Spencer and Joe Eisma
Best Editor (Short Form)
Best Professional Artist
Best Semiprozine
Best Fanzine
Best Fancast
Best Fan Writer
(You can also read this post in Spanish/También puedes leer esta entrada en español)

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario